The thing is – one often cannot tell whether a specific need, opportunity, or event is a big thing or a little thing.
So I figure
don’t pretend to know!
Regard everything as it is in fact, an event of a moment or a few hours, or a change in one person’s action or attitude or commitment in the present.
Even the destruction of Egypt’s army in the Red Sea was an event of an hour or two. Massive world-historical repercussions! but at the moment
- only a brief event,
- in protection of an insignificant people,
- done by a disrespected God,
- a matter of part of a day.
So, you know,
what I need repeatedly,
time after time, one after another, even simultaneously, is LITTLE THINGS that are in fact
- answers to specific prayers,
- or answers in the general vicinity of specific prayers,
- or developments out of the spiritual power of a general field of a life of prayer and serious spirituality.
That we need – all of us.
And they add up – or not – but in general they do.
And I can’t, and have no need to, know what are or might be the duration or repercussions, etc. Because
they are all part of the Great Gift,
- part of God working in this-my-world,
- way beyond my comprehension,
- part of what I am being asked to do, desire, pray for, love, see, serve –
- with or without my conscious awareness as to specifics.
- But whatever I do see I will love and delight in and be deeply thankful for.
Leave a Comment