Here’s William Jennings Bryan, about 100 years ago. He’s rejecting the idea that because a man is rich, powerful, and a faithful churchgoer his behavior should be automatically honored and imitated.
It is not necessary that all Christian people shall sanction the Rockefeller method of making money merely because Rockefeller prays.
[from Michael Kazin, A Godly Hero: The Life of William Jennings Bryan, 2006, p125]
- Jesus and Racism
- Category: Prayer and Meditation
- Category: The Kingdom – Isaiah 58 – Sermon on the Mount
- Two Types of Religion – Authority and Love
- We Must Lift Our Voices While We Lay Down Our Swords – No Religious Bullies
- If You Do Not Love Your Neighbor – Whom You CAN See – Can You Love God?
- Are Economic Matters a Moral Issue? Isaiah Thinks So!