She was beautifully, delicately made,
So small, so unafraid,
Till the bomb came.
Bombs are the same,
Beautifully, delicately made.
C. S. Lewis
State briefly the ideas, ideals, or hopes, the energy sources, the kinds of security, for which you would kill a child. 2 very brief poems, from C.S. Lewis and Wendell BerryClick To Tweet
State briefly the ideas, ideals, or hopes
the energy sources, the kinds of security,
for which you would kill a child.
Name, please, the children whom
you would be willing to kill.
C. S. Lewis, in Poems, edited by Walter Hooper, 1964. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich. This is from a section entitled “Epigrams and Epitaphs” at the end of the book.
Wendell Berry, in New Collected Poems, 2012. CounterPointPress. p375. This is stanza 5 in a poem called “Questionnaire.”
- Woe to Those Who Make Unjust Laws
- Category: The Kingdom – Isaiah 58 – Sermon on the Mount
- Are You One of Those Whom Jesus Favors? Who IS He Willing to Teach and Help? (Matthew 11)
- We Must Lift Our Voices While We Lay Down Our Swords – No Religious Bullies
- Many Will Die. This Tax “Reform” is a Vicious Assault Against Us and People We Care About.
- Spiritual Tune-up: Do Not Think You Know What YOU DO NOT KNOW
Leave a Comment