of my recent sermon on that. Below are quotes from Romans 13, a passage the Attorney General referenced, and a couple outlines of key points.
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong.
Love does no harm to a neighbor.
Love is the fulfillment of the law.
A Valuable Principle, BUT We Have Some Problems:
He Promotes Paying Taxes
He Prioritizes LOVE
Peter & John disobeyed
Paul was often in trouble with authorities
Jesus was often in trouble with authorities
Nazi’s wanted Christians to persecute people
US Founding Fathers
Fugitive slave laws
WHAT TO DO If A Scripture Is Difficult???
Go with what is most clear (Don’t make stuff up.)
Go with Jesus’ teaching and example
Go with Prophets’ & Apostles’ teaching
“Love is the fulfillment.”
Use the Coffee Can (Don’t pretend to know what you don’t know.)
[The site for the church where this was preached.]
- Woe to Those Who Make Unjust Laws
- Category: The Kingdom – Isaiah 58 – Sermon on the Mount
- Are You One of Those Whom Jesus Favors? Who IS He Willing to Teach and Help? (Matthew 11)
- We Must Lift Our Voices While We Lay Down Our Swords – No Religious Bullies
- Many Will Die. This Tax “Reform” is a Vicious Assault Against Us and People We Care About.
- Spiritual Tune-up: Do Not Think You Know What YOU DO NOT KNOW