the submission of all our nature to God.
It is the quickening of the conscience by His holiness;
the nourishment of mind with His truth;
the purifying of the imagination by His beauty;
the opening of the heart to His love;
the surrender of will to His purpose –
and all of this gathered up in adoration,
the most selfless emotion of which our nature is capable,
and therefore the chief remedy
of that self-centeredness
which is our original sin
and the source of all actual sin.
William Temple, 1881 – 1944
God does not show favoritism
but accepts from every nation
the one who fears him
and does what is right.
- Jon said Thanks for this!
- anon said I could not comment over on that post. So I will c...
- Sharon said Obama was also a disappointment in his first days...
- admin said I’m not sure how anyone would know that. Bu...
- Connie said These poems are inspiring and beautiful because th...
- Betty said I agree with Bernie and hope that more people will...
Subscribe to Updates
- CURRENT HOT TOPICS
- +MISC & PERSONAL
- +POLITICS & POLICY
- +SCIENCE & UNCERTAINTY
- —SPIRITUAL PRACTICE