Yes – what do you think? I love that we all are thinking!
Respond, anonymously if you wish, in the comments section below the post (or email email@example.com, or come visit me, whatever works).
WHAT DO YOU THINK re: THIS SITE.
- Why are you looking at this site; what concerns or interests bring you to this site?
- Does publicchristian.com provide something(s) a bit unusual in the Christian (or religious) world?
- Does the site seem welcoming, open-minded, serious, informed, realistic?
WHAT DO YOU THINK re: YOUR RELIGIOUS OR SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE.
- In what way(s) if any do you think of yourself as spiritual?
- In what way(s) if any do you think of yourself as religious?
- In what way(s) if any do you think of yourself as Christian?
- Have you felt fully welcome in church or religious associations you have been involved with?
- How important is the Bible as a spiritual guide for you?
WHAT DO YOU THINK re: OUR POLITICAL, SOCIAL, OR OTHER PUBLIC ENVIRONMENTS.
- Are you afraid?
- Are you hopeful?
- Are there public opinion leaders who have good values, values you share?
- Do you think you have access to generally accurate information about crucial issues?
Thomas Jefferson said he would appeal from the people poorly informed to the people better informed –
… wherever the people are well informed they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights.
THIS IS / IS NOT
This IS for open interaction. Let’s treat each other as relatively well informed (a la Jefferson) and relatively well-intentioned, and share our own thoughts, and listen to each other’s. Eh? That’s a crucial fundament of democracy, and, certainly, of healthy Christianity.
This is NOT a commitment ahead of time from you to agree with what anyone might say – nor from them to agree with you. Duh. And it is certainly not a commitment from me to stop saying what I truly see, and believe to be crucial.
(You could open this page in two windows, so you can read the questions in one and make your comment-responses in another.)
Thank you in advance for thinking about such things, and for any thoughtful responses you make. This will be helpful to me as well as to all of us.
See also, on this site: