link 1: Thanksgiving – Think
Sometimes we do not enjoy truly good aspects of life because we do not practice “thinks-giving” toward them. Sometimes we even lose very precious things because we have not taken time to discover how precious they are….
link 2: 3 Short Lists – with Questions – for Making Thanksgiving Work
Reasons We DON’T LIKE to Hear About It.
- We’re having a rough day.
- We’re having a rough five years.
What is “NOT Giving Thanks” Like?
- Sitting down and soaking in the feelings under “A” above.
- Saying it without meaning it.
What IS “Giving Thanks” Like?
The word “thank” is related in history to the word “think.” Thus “Giving Thanks” has a lot to do with what we think about and how we think about it. So what is “Giving Thanks” like?
- Being appreciatively aware of any good thing, any blessing, we can find in our lives.
link 3: Thanksgiving in Daniel’s Prayer Life
Wherever we find ourselves, at whatever level of responsibility and influence, that would be a strong combination.
Give thanks, today, for present goods. Ask for help, today, in present challenges and responsibilities.
From what I know of the God presented in the Bible, that God would very much appreciate that kind of praying. And everyone who has even the most minimal mental capacity can do those two things. What an immense and egalitarian blessing.
link 4: Give Thanks Freely – but Not for EVERYthing!
Giving thanks for such things is wrong because
- it implies I am glad they exist, but I am not;
- it implies that God caused them, but God did not;
- it implies that God wants credit for such things, but that is insulting to God.
God is not the author of evil. I do not thank God for such things!
But there is very much to be thankful for.Wherever we find ourselves, at whatever level of responsibility and influence, that would be a strong combination. Give thanks, today, for present goods. Ask for help, today, in present challenges and responsibilities.Click To Tweet
Leave a Comment