One way or another, THESE people, mostly fellow American citizens –
all fellow humans and all loved by God –
THESE people are living in increased fear now compared to a year ago.
“Making America Afraid Again”
This is not a careful list; it’s just off the top of the head.
I’m adding “LLMB” to many of these, for “looks like or might be” – because there are those who suffer just because they LLMB.
Everyone is likely to be part of a targeted minority sooner or later.
- Muslims (and LLMB’s)
- Black Lives Matter (or LLMB’s)
- school teachers
- immigrants (or LLMB’s)
- Hispanics (or LLMB’s)
- refugees (or LLMB’s)
- college teachers
- African Americans (or LLMB’s)
- liberals, progressives (or LLMB’s)
- Native Americans (or LLMB’s)
- whoever the police choose to target on any given day or in any given locale
- Syrians (and LLMB’s)
- Arabs (and LLMB’s)
- unsuspecting victims of gun violence – i.e. all of us, anywhere we go
- LGBTQ (or LLMB’s)
- marijuana users (or LLMB’s)
- public school children
- college students
- Jews (or LLMB’s)
- users of contraception
- those who have had abortions
- homeless (or LLMB’s)
- mentally ill (or LLMB’s)
- non-Christians, or non-Republican, non-right-wing Christians
- atheists, agnostics, ex-Christians
- those – very many! – who are one accident, illness or layoff away from bankruptcy or from living on the street
You know, MOST of us are on the list
– or soon could be. And that even includes a whole lot of us who are USA-born white males.
There are others to be added. Got some examples?
Seriously. These people among us – our neighbors! – live in increased danger, and therefore in increased, more persistent fear.
Are you on the list yet?
- Good Faith vs Bad Faith – Which Is Strong in You?
- 7 Signs of a Healthy, Christ-Following Christian Faith
- If You Do Not Love Your Neighbor – Whom You CAN See – Can You Love God?
- Advent – Christ Has Come. So What Do We Have to DO?
- Category: The Kingdom of God
- We Must Lift Our Voices While We Lay Down Our Swords – No Religious Bullies
- Freedom From Fear Comes from Your Faith, not Your Government
- What If Christians Are Persecuted Here?