We never know for sure what’s happening – what may be going on behind the scenes. But the GOP wants their “tax reform”.
If they get it, it seems fairly certain that MANY OF US WILL DIE MUCH EARLIER
than would have been the case otherwise.
Just hurry up and die, please.
- It affects infants and children pretty directly, as well as adults and the elderly (Thus we see hypocritical, greed-driven “family values” in operation).
- Emergency and regular medical services will begin to dramatically shrink, and fairly soon.
- The not-well-off elderly, which is a very large majority of us, will suffer even more directly and damagingly than they are at present, and many of us will die much sooner.
- The same is true for the many handicapped and chronically ill among us – suffer more and die sooner – this includes many children and youth.
- THUS many more of us WILL die unnecessarily early.
Ah, America. Great again.
This is all for the sake of GREED - America's love affair with the false God 'Mammon' that Jesus warned us so clearly about. “Beware of these people... These men will be punished most severely.”Click To TweetBut the impact is much broader –
damage to education, to national resources physical and human, to science and technology, to communication and freedom of expression, to the general day-to-day life of ordinary Americans …
A high degree of inequality causes the comfortable to disavow the needy. – James K Galbraith
“Disavow the needy” – that is, they can’t see us, and they regard us as inferior, in every way – especially morally. We do not DESERVE to live longer, or with less suffering, or to enjoy nice things.
They say a nation gets the “leaders” (“rulers” would be more honest) it deserves. So sad.
This – the way this has come about – was cheap, petty, cowardly, vile, self-serving, deceitful, Machiavellian, Mammon-serving corruption
by over half of the United States Senate. Only by the mercy of God will they not somehow or other reap what they have sown for others.
This is all for the sake of GREED – America’s love affair
with the false God “Mammon” that Jesus warned us so clearly about.
“Beware of these people. They like to walk around in expensive clothes and love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and have … the places of honor at banquets. They devour widows’ houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. These men will be punished most severely.” – Jesus, in Luke 20:46-47 (slightly updated)
“They must be god fearing noble people! They say Merry Christmas and want to legislate other people’s bedrooms!”
– annonymous, found online